Become a fan of Slashdot on Facebook

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
DRM

Submission + - Experimental Code Published For Virtual CRTCs (phoronix.com)

billakay writes: Some experimental code for Linux has been published that allows your graphics card to do 3D rendering, then have the pixels pushed off to an arbitrary device.

Initially implemented drivers enable 3D rendered applications and games on DisplayLink devices, as well as piping the pixels to userspace via Video4Linux2.

Full disclosure: I am one of the developers that contributed to this.

This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

Experimental Code Published For Virtual CRTCs

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...